Paid Internship Opportunity!!!
”We Who Believe in Freedom Cannot Rest”
Ella Baker Internship Program 2012
Now Seeking Summer 2012 Applicants
The Ella Baker Interns experience offers:
• Community organizing work to increase registration and turnout and change the course of the region’s history.
• Seminars on North Carolina history; community economic development; African American and Southern religious, cultural and political traditions.
• Long hours, hard work, new friends and personal growth.
Benefits to participants include:
• Generous stipend and allowance for food and gas.
• State-of-the-art training in electoral database technologies.
• Certificates of Achievement.
• Opportunities for letters of recommendation from our faculty.
• Chances to develop professional contacts, skills and experiences.
Requirements and financial support:
• Interns will receive a stipend of $2500.00 for those who participate from June 1st to August 15th plus gas and a modest expense allowance; those who participate until Election Day, will receive an additional $1500.00 for a total of $3500.00. (Payment will be made in installments.)
• Long hours and weekend work will be common; adapting to shifting scheduling needs will be necessary.
• Most interns will live with their own families or otherwise make their own housing arrangements. The program will attempt to help arrange housing for others, probably with families in the region.
Who is eligible:
• College (Undergraduate and Graduate) students and high school juniors and seniors anywhere.
• Young people with demonstrated potential for thoughtful leadership, hard work, cheerful persistence and a clear commitment to a better future for eastern North Carolina
For application information or for more information, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.